Sebart Wind s 50e motor instal

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 1 month ago #15928 by
I have hit a problem with the motor I am going to use in my Sebart Wind. The model manufacturer calls for a Hacker 50 / 16s. I have already purchased an Extreme flight 4016T/500 v2. The difference between these units motor case length is 6.5mm. This has resulted in not being able to fit the nose cone as the prop driver does not protrude far enough and I suspect will not help the c of g when it comes to setting the model up. I have 4 alloy motor stand offs from a crashed Wot4 that have the correct internal sleeve size and will be an ideal outside diameter, These standoffs are approx 20mm long.

Question is can I get these standoffs cut to the correct length ( 6.5mm long). If so does anyone know where I can get the work done?
Suggestions gratefully received!
Simon
I

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #15929 by John Bannister
Replied by John Bannister on topic Sebart Wind s 50e motor instal
Simon, I'll cut them up for you or make new ones, I'll do them while you wait if you can get over to Blandford..
John

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 1 month ago #15930 by
Replied by on topic Sebart Wind s 50e motor instal
That would be brilliant. Many thanks John. Let me know when it will be convenient and I will come to your place.
Cheers John.
Simon

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #15932 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Sebart Wind s 50e motor instal
Simon, to avoid stand-offs for such a small spacing I have used birch ply spacer strips. 10mm or more and I would've have used stand-offs. At least in your favour then motor drive is short which is better than it being too long.;)

Below is an example of still being too short with 55mm ally stand-offs.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Phil Ford.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 1 month ago #16028 by
Replied by on topic Sebart Wind s 50e motor instal
Update on the Sebart Wind 50e assembly.
Motor now in thanks to John B for the tailored standoffs.
Jon and Chris, you were quite right about checking c of g before installing rudder servo. Had to go with closed loop to help the balance.
Does anyone have any tips about best way to apply the Sebart decals? Not something I've tackled before.
Simon

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #16032 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Sebart Wind s 50e motor instal
Clean the surface, add a few drops of washing up liquid to water and spray the surface where you want to place the decal. Use kitchen paper or a soft cloth to squeeze the water out from under the decal. Start in the centre and work towards the edges. Alternatively you can use spray window cleaner (the clear sort). Usually the decal will dry out overnight.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Brian.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds