inflamed battery

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 6 months ago #18010 by
Replied by on topic inflamed battery
I shall

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #18011 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic inflamed battery

JacobWinfield12 wrote: I shall how do you put pictures on the forum

On your next post scroll down, click "attachments" In the area below drag the image from your device/computer and place in that area. A thumbnail will appear. Now click submit. Done!
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
5 years 6 months ago #18013 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic inflamed battery
Jacob - HobbyKing used to ship their LiPo's at " Storage" Voltage which is 3.85 Volts per cell
but this changed awhile back - see next para.
If you check the packaging you will find a note saying what Voltage they are supposed to be shipped at
& they advise to charge upon receipt - ignore this on the "inflamed" one.
Also pls remember you cannot return them via the Post Office, so you will need to find a carrier,
worth checking if "Hermes" will take them - the convenience store at the top of Amesford Rd are
an agent for them.
Hope this helps.
Colin.

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #18014 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic inflamed battery
Lipos come with about 23% - 33% (storage) charge showing if you are using your battery checker. On receipt of the batteries I use the same checker to check each cell voltage. Any big difference and I request a replacement. You are saying that the battery is "inflamed" so I assume you mean it has expanded and this was it's condition when you received it? Then this battery has a fault and should never have been in the parcel system. Don't keep it indoors either.

You have to use Hobbykings system to return or complain. They will contact you and request photos/video or whatever. Usually takes about 7 days. However, they may or may not request return of the Lipo but for safety reasons they shouldn't.

However, if you have charged it then you now have a problem as under Hobbykings terms they won't replace it.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
5 years 6 months ago #18016 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic inflamed battery

4Pedalsfly wrote: Jacob - HobbyKing used to ship their LiPo's at " Storage" Voltage which is 3.85 Volts per cell
but this changed awhile back

Are you sure, Colin? If they are not shipping batteries at storage voltage what are they now doing?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 6 months ago #18019 by
Replied by on topic inflamed battery
one of my batterys are 100% charget the other is 23%

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.402 seconds