Help required OS 70 - 4 Stoke (Acro WOT)

More
7 years 4 months ago #11045 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Help required OS 70 - 4 Stoke (Acro WOT)
Well! I joined WMAC with the general idea that I'd be among fellow model flyers. I had no idea at all that I'd be able to learn to spell properly, fix a reluctant engine, get a masterclass in rebuilding, and all sorts of interesting things that continue to bring lots of information as well as a great deal of amusement. I'd like to thank you all for the banter that's going back and forth.
It helps a lot when the temperature in my shed is hovering on zero and I have a couple of models that need a lot more TLC before they can be flown, makes me feel that it'll be alright in the end, and what seems like a real pain to fix, is after all, just another niggle to be laughed at. It never occurred to me that it might be possible to take off the cowl of an AcroWot without removing the prop and spinner, and as for Phil being all alone on the field and playing with himself...............mind boggling.
I'm sure that's what he wrote.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #11049 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Help required OS 70 - 4 Stoke (Acro WOT)
Brian - You quoted Phil correctly - quite an achievement on such a cold day !!!!
Colin

More
7 years 4 months ago #11050 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Help required OS 70 - 4 Stoke (Acro WOT)

4Pedalsfly wrote: Brian - You quoted Phil correctly - quite an achievement on such a cold day !!!!
Colin

It WAS! :lol:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 4 months ago #11051 by
To remove cowl without first taking off prop. Use a rubber prop, just like the KK ones of yesteryear. When you ran the engine, the pitch went to zero!

Stuart

• Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 4 months ago #11053 by

JRI wrote: ....Whereas a WOT is simply the equivalent of a Wartburg or Trabant in a car park (cheap and practical - but embarrassing )!

You forced me to google both Wartburg or Trabant, I'd never heard of them. Anyway, I love the description:

Dubbed a "spark plug with a roof", the Trabant was produced for nearly 30 years with almost no significant changes to its design.

What plane could be appropriate be dubbed a "glow plug with a wing"? the rest of the sentence might be appropriate too ;)

Regarding my heritage Mr. JRI it's beyond reproach, and how very dare you to suggest otherwise. ;)
Regards, Gromit

More
7 years 4 months ago #11054 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic Help required OS 70 - 4 Stoke (Acro WOT)
Stuart remembered

KK ones of yesteryear

One of the earliest application of the recycling process, in this case by donation from disused red polythene washing up bowls.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds