Custom Exhaust DLE55

More
7 years 2 months ago #11875 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Custom Exhaust DLE55
No problem Phil, I was offering because of your earlier comment

'Chris, airframe design was before canisters but I had considered hanging one on underneath and to hell with the scale looks as long as it was flyable'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 2 months ago #11876 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Custom Exhaust DLE55
Trying to avoid that scenario if possible but........ ;) Thanks anyway.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #11877 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Custom Exhaust DLE55
2 suggestions

www.westonuk.co.uk/westonuk2_192.htm

However, the best (as fitted to my 75cc Cap) - This is the45cc version but there is a non specific kit for up to 62cc

toni-clark-shop.com/Silencer-kit-for-HMS...-Crankcase-for-ZG-45

updated - try this page
toni-clark-shop.com/ZG-62_1_s2
- all you need is someone with silver brazing capability - somewhere in Barton on Sea
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by kevinross.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 2 months ago #11882 by Phil Ford
Thanks Kevin for the link. I assume you mean this one - toni-clark-shop.com/Silencer-kit-for-HMS...ankcase-for-ZG-45-62 for E99.90. :unsure:
How I read it though, is that the silencer is mounted to the airframe and connected to the header with silicon tube?

More
7 years 2 months ago #11885 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Custom Exhaust DLE55

PhilF51 wrote: Thanks Kevin for the link. I assume you mean this one - toni-clark-shop.com/Silencer-kit-for-HMS...ankcase-for-ZG-45-62 for E99.90. :unsure:
How I read it though, is that the silencer is mounted to the airframe and connected to the header with silicon tube?

Phil - If i remember correctly, This unit is designed to be mounted longditudinaly directly behind the crankcase with the motor mounted on a alloy plate spider. The bottom line is - Can you fit the 80mm diam can behind the engine. If yes we can contact Toni Clark and ask if he can put together a suitable kit , Generally, the practical scale silencer principle is mount it ridigidly to the engine requiring good assembly skills but they do work. - I'm going to e mail you some files that i can't upload

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #11895 by Phil Ford
Thanks Kevin, got the files okay. 80mm? That's a big'un! More room for gas expansion so less noise.

I will have measure up but I think 80mm is too much. I have to stick to the outlet style too because the cowl has already been cut out, although a large single exit furthest away from inlet would be acceptable.

Not taking into account the postage from Germany there isn't much in it, money wise with JE custom exhaust albeit their version is 1.5mm ally.

Images below show as it is at the moment..
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Phil Ford.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds