New Model, first adventure into petrol

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 2 months ago #11920 by
Hi All
Well the move is complete and my stuff is out of storage, just a bit of sorting to do.

I am thinking about starting an adventure into a new petol engined model and woud like your thoughts and advice about it, especially for a novice flyer like me :silly: :side: :whistle:

I am thinking maybe : Opt 1- Acro Wot MK2 XL ARTF
Opt 2- Hanger 9 Sbach 342 .60

Any other sugestions welcome, but i like the look and reviews of these two

Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #11921 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic New Model, first adventure into petrol
Great to see you back in circulation :)

Really depends what you're after Simon, those 2 are very different.

Most people know my thoughts on Wot's, they are fine as sport models and are reasonably easy to fly and forgiving, but if you want aerobatic capability there are much better options out there.

The Sbach is a little small for petrol power really, petrol starts to make sense from 20-30cc and up, smaller than that and glow or electric would be better options, the Acro Wot is for 25cc+, this is for 10cc

Are you after

Scale or sport looks
Sport flying or more advanced aerobatic capability
What size (bigger flies better)
Budget?

There are so many good options out there.

One other thing is there seem to have been a number of quality issues with more recent Hanger 9 releases , something to be aware of.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #11922 by
Thanks John, well not sure really, just want to move onto the next best thing really

Something that is forgiving with the cabablity to grow with me and allow a bit of aerobatics when the time comes

Ok sooo size does matter then !!, I have been told it does'nt!!! :dry:

I havea budget of 4/500 quid incl engine , what would you suggest, bearing in mind i am a novice looking to get better

!!!!

Simon
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by .

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #11923 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic New Model, first adventure into petrol
That is a pretty broad specification then :lol:

Engine wise DLE's are pretty decent and good value for money, looking online there's only about 10 quid between the 20 and the 30cc (220-230 quid) so I would suggest the bigger the better, so I would be looking for something in that range, around 75- 80 inches size

The Acrowot fits into that range if that appeals, There is some really nice quality stuff around in that size Extreme Flight, 3D Hobby Shop, Sebart, Hanger 9 but these would bust your budget new, but you might find something second hand in good condition. Second hand prices seem to have taken a big dip recently, so if you look around you could find a bargain!

Otherwise we need to do some research!
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by JonTappin.

More
7 years 2 months ago #11924 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic New Model, first adventure into petrol
Don't know if its suitable but still remaining from Franks hanger is a Great Planes Yak 54 , 1.85m C/W Roto 30cc, Alturm digital servos and Spectrum power save RX. - All brand new and unflown. Total new cost ITRO £700. The estate valuation is £400
If a DLE engine is preferred, i'm happy to remove the ROTO - also the RX if not suitable.
Attachments:

More
7 years 2 months ago #11925 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic New Model, first adventure into petrol

kevinross wrote: Don't know if its suitable but still remaining from Franks hanger is a Great Planes Yak 54 , 1.85m C/W Roto 30cc, Alturm digital servos and Spectrum power save RX. - All brand new and unflown. Total new cost ITRO £700. The estate valuation is £400
If a DLE engine is preferred, i'm happy to remove the ROTO - also the RX if not suitable.

- Sorry its actually 2055mm span kit no GPMA 1411.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.405 seconds