Four stroke asp 120 issue resolved

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #15451 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Four stroke asp 120 issue resolved
Dave may I suggest that you use a small cable P clamp to secure the pipe. I know it won't be seen when the cowl is on but it will look aesthetically better for those who will no doubt take advantage and take the p**s if they view it with cowl off. :lol:

You know how long the "maybug" lasted.....;)
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #15452 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Four stroke asp 120 issue resolved
Dave - Just a thought, have you considered further tests at home, with the model in various attitudes i.e nose up, inverted etc ?
I'm sure Kevin will enjoy the aroma of burnt glo fuel as it permiates his clothing.
So far there have been no reports of spent electrons having the same effect.

Colin

More
6 years 3 months ago #15453 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Four stroke asp 120 issue resolved

JonTappin wrote: Nice one Dave.

Good to see what can be achieved when great minds come together ;)

Who's was the second mind? I acknowledge Phil has the first in this instance.....struggling to see the other...........:huh:

More
6 years 3 months ago #15454 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Four stroke asp 120 issue resolved

davidbright wrote:

JonTappin wrote: Nice one Dave.

Good to see what can be achieved when great minds come together ;)

Who's was the second mind? I acknowledge Phil has the first in this instance.....struggling to see the other...........:huh:

I am struggling too......:S

I refer back to my post mentioning the ME109. This was how I stopped the syphoning effect. The carb needle is below the bottom of the tank so syphoning is likely. Alternatively mount the engine sideways on, four strokes are taller due the valve gear - Ugh! Cylinder sticking out of side of cowl. :(

Anyway all's well now according to Dave (he said with fingers crossed)

More
6 years 3 months ago #15458 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic Four stroke asp 120 issue resolved
Syphoning may be a problem when the motor isn't running and will fill your inlet manifold but a full pipe will syphon anyway even with the loop in! (Thats how your bog flush works)!. When the motor is running the fuel tank is pressurised so syphoning effect is irrelevant!
I suspect you still have a problem in your plumbing or you dislodged the original problem. The usual suspects that match the symptons are 'low' fuel tank pressure related to the exhaust pressure feed or a fallen off clunk or a crack in one of the brass pipes in the tank.
I use one of those vibration activated fuel pumps which removes the need for pressurised tanks and provides a constant reliable pressure - borrow it if you like dave its not currently fitted to any model,

• Dave Rogers
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #15483 by Dave Rogers
Replied by Dave Rogers on topic Four stroke asp 120 issue resolved
thanks for the offer john, But had a good day today with lots of spit flights with no issues what so ever (although i may have had my rudder going the wrong way but ill leave the idiots to comment on that). We even had 3 spits up in formation. Warbird heaven :)

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds