Glow to Petrol conversion?

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #17033 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Glow to Petrol conversion?
Thanks Kevin, the petrol resistance of the seals and diaphragm is. the problem. Apart from trying to get hold of a spare seal and diaphragm, and testing them in petrol, I can't see a way of finding out. There doesn't appear to be a definite source of information that I have been able to find. If it comes to the crunch and I can't use the OSFS .91 with petrol, then I'll switch to a Saito 1.25 which is already converted, but I didn't want to use an engine that big in the Hannibal. Although a bit of extra power might come in handy, and flying at reduced throttle means reduced noise, so perhaps going Saito is the best bet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #17038 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Glow to Petrol conversion?
This guy is very helpful & knowledgable on the Salto gas engines -
www.morrisminimotors.com/gas-engines/sai...-engine-sat17fg.html
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Phil Ford.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #17050 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Glow to Petrol conversion?
Thanks Kevin. I've already fitted a MMM ignition to my Saito 1.25. I contacted MMM about the pumped OS, but they've never fitted their ignition kit to one of those.They are a bit dearer than the offerings of J'EN, but they are so much easier to fit. I've stopped looking for information on the pumped OS now. Fortunately the Saito drops straight into the OS engine mount with no modifications. Should have gone for this engine in the first place.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Brian.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.476 seconds