DLE 20 Advice

More
10 years 2 months ago #1212 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic DLE 20 Advice
Personally I would have a chat with Probuild, if you took the plans with you I am sure Phil would be able to suggest the best option. The Pitts are a bit better than the standard exhaust but they are still pretty loud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #1214 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic DLE 20 Advice
I have a DLE-20 on my Flair Leo. It has a £25 pitts muffler and is acceptably quiet.
I have been using the model as my main plane for 3 years now.
The motor runs best with a 15x8 prop and sips fuel. Only problem has been a crankshaft replacement when the big-end got noisy. The engine has had several hundred flights without any other problems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlanF

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 2 months ago #1215 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic DLE 20 Advice
That's interesting John, thanks for that.. A pitts exhaust is the simplest solution if I can find an effective one. My thought was to fit a 3 bladed prop as I will have plenty of grunt from the DLE. I understand they produce less prop noise at the cost of some efficiency and provide a better braking effect. (All info gleaned from the web but no practical experience. )

• Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #1217 by
Replied by on topic DLE 20 Advice

AlanF wrote: But re-reading your post Chris is sounds like I need to have a stare at the plans to see how a canister would fit and then have a chat with Probuild.

It may be easier than it looks!! Done a few over the years most of witch were ARTF's :blink:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #1218 by
Replied by on topic DLE 20 Advice

AlanF wrote: ....it would be interesting to hear how loud your YAK is James. Was the exhaust home made or was it a commercial one he sold on?.

It was a commercial one sold on.........hopefully I will be able to make an appearance at the field soon and will let you know when I go up......just need to renew membership, wait for this weather to clear and get the YAK back together (swapped out all the servos), apart from all that lot should be up soon!

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds