Control Line

• ruggerbloke
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #24005 by ruggerbloke
Control Line was created by ruggerbloke
Afternoon all, I hope you are all well and safe. During this lockdown I have no more room in my garage to build any more radio models so thought I would go back to my yoof and built a couple of Vintage Control Line models! They are quick to make and cheap (£10 each?). The only outlay is the motor (s) and a set of lines. Does anyone else in the club own and or fly control line models? Is so, what type/engine size. I believe Jon T and Mitch have dabbled in the past.Perhaps when Covid is over, we could have a light hearted Combat competition one Summers evening? Everyone must try Control Line at least once!
Cheersl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #24012 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Control Line
Hi Denis - Last time I had a go was at one of our open days when a couple of visitors turned up
with simple models & were offering us all a go - I fell over when the motor finally cut.

You may wish to consider going electric with brushless motors & onboard LiPo's - there is
information out there on the subject.

Keep well.

Regards

Colin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruggerbloke

More
3 years 3 months ago #24021 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Control Line
Hi Dennis, myself and Mitch have got Warlord combat wings with PAW 2.5 diesels in them, I also have loads of fuel left as Mitch decided I should buy an extra 1/2 gallon at the Nats 2 years ago, still not opened :)

I'm also half way though building a aerobatic model for a 25 glow, progress during 2020 was around 0% though!

Be good to get more interest going in CL, I really don't think that many of our younger members 'get it' :)

More
3 years 3 months ago #24024 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic Control Line
Colin wrote

I fell over when the motor finally cut.

It was different for me when I had a go on James Perry’s “Trainer”, the motor cut because I fell over.

Jon left a Warlord kit in my hanger, I’ll put it together and enjoy using it to make someone else giddy. I have a set of fairly short lines, they will help.

The image is of me aged 14, pretending to start my Unlimited in my dad’s garden. Elfin 1.8 power great little model!

David
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4Pedalsfly

More
3 years 3 months ago #24025 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Control Line

David Tappin wrote: The image is of me aged 14, pretending to start my Unlimited in my dad’s garden. Elfin 1.8 power great little model!

David, I am sure I saw you a while ago in that same jumper. :lol: Sorry Denis, off subject.

• ruggerbloke
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #24027 by ruggerbloke
Replied by ruggerbloke on topic Control Line
That's great Jon. I agree. Youngsters are attracted to electronics and will never experience the thrill of "feeling" the model on the end of the lines. C/L models also take some building skills which many, young and old, have bypassed with the advent of RTF/ARTF kits. One thing in the favour of C\L is that they are pretty quick, cheap and fun to build. I'll try and take some snaps of my build and post as I go.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.464 seconds