Control Line

More
3 years 1 month ago #24364 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Control Line

Phillip Ford wrote: Is that a kit Jon? I got a little Weston looking for a job and me maybe giving control line a go.

As above Phil, but if you're interested I have a couple of plans of other stunt models in a drawer you're welcome to borrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil Ford

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #24365 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Control Line

Jon Tappin wrote: First the Ultra Flash repaint and now the 2nd lockdown project is complete!

Control line stunt here I come :)

can't tell for the pics Jon but i seem to recall C/L stunt benefits from right rudder to assist line tension (especially as most of your flying is in knife edge or wing overs in this case)

• ruggerbloke
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 1 month ago #24366 by ruggerbloke
Replied by ruggerbloke on topic Control Line
Oh No, what have I started? Good work Jon looking forward to seeing it. What are you powering it with?

My control line building is almost at an end due to lack of decent wood. If anyone wants quarter sheet that weighs the same as an iron bar, please PM me. Not expecting many replies!

More
3 years 1 month ago #24367 by JonTappin
Yes Kevin thanks for checking, I have a couple of degrees of right rudder in

More
3 years 1 month ago #24368 by JonTappin

Denis Murphy wrote: Oh No, what have I started? Good work Jon looking forward to seeing it. What are you powering it with?

To be fair Denis, I started doing this a couple of years ago, it's only that I've run out of other stuff to do during Covid that I've managed to finish it at last!

OS25 installed, thought it might be less hassle than a diesel
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruggerbloke

More
3 years 1 month ago #24369 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Control Line
My little Weston is 5.8cc so I am thinking a basic control line model of 40 inch wingspan - does that sound about right? I had a look at some Belair kits but they don't supply all the wood or the plans. So having to buy plans for the "kits" they are selling from Sarik the cost starts to mount up. I may have to buy some more balsa anyway so might just create something myself. :unsure:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds