Control Line

• throttletothewall
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #24030 by throttletothewall
Replied by throttletothewall on topic Control Line
David,

Look like I probably started a little bit younger than you. Cox 049 in plastic PT19 (ARTFs even in those days!), 10th birthday present after a year of badgering parents!!!

Peter
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by throttletothewall.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• throttletothewall
More
3 years 3 months ago #24031 by throttletothewall
Replied by throttletothewall on topic Control Line
Interestingly, old school days chum on extreme right of picture contacted me just before Xmas via Southampton ATC, who in turn tracked me down via Bournemouth ATC.

We have not been in touch since shortly after leaving school as his interest turned to a Matchless 250 and then onto 'other things'.

He had found an old plan of the Storch during the first lockdown which was a model he had built in 1967 and I had built a Stuka at the same time (both were free flight designs but converted to single channel). He had another go at building the Storch, which triggered all the memories, hence the search.
Attachments:

More
3 years 3 months ago #24032 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Control Line
Great old time photos chaps but mentally they've added another 5yrs on me !

More
3 years 2 months ago #24200 by John53
Replied by John53 on topic Control Line
Can you fly control line at Cashmoor (where?). If so I wouldn't mind going back to my YUFF and building one.

More
3 years 2 months ago #24201 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Control Line
Yes we can John, we normally do it towards the West end of the field, it does require the cooperation of other members to suspend normal flying during each flight, but we've not had an issue with that before.

Do be prepared though for some of the members to look at you as if you're mad, some of the youngsters just don't get it :)

More
3 years 2 months ago #24202 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Control Line
"Normal flying is put on hold for short periods - Those who want to get dizzy do so while the rest of us choke on our sandwiches - Regard it as your "duty" to entertain us John

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.459 seconds