OSFS 1.20 Surpass Mklll

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 6 months ago #25285 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic OSFS 1.20 Surpass Mklll
This evening I had an email from Modelfixings, they asked if I'd like a 7/64" hex key. I replied "thank you, how much". They replied "FOC".
How good is that? I've used Modelfixings for a long time, their stuff isn't always the cheapest, but the goods are always spot on, and the latest offer of a free hex key shows that they care about their customers. How rare is that?
As a finale for the OS FS 1.20 Surpass tear down and rebuild, the engine was refitted to the WOT4 XL airframe, the recommended starting procedure was gone through, the glow stick was clipped on and the engine started as soon as the starter was applied. Tickover is good and steady, pickup is positive. All in all it has been a worthwhile exercise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #25286 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic OSFS 1.20 Surpass Mklll
After all you hard work Brian i hope you will maintain the OS. I would want to ensure any nitro remnants in the blow past are regularly cleaned out. I wonder if its practical to inject and rinse out pure methanol / synthetic oil mix thru the cam case breather nipple item 13. especially if you're not going to fly the model on a regular basis.

The manual says -Quote (avoid kerosene based products that could find its way into the pump unit, carburettor, etc. Inject, sparingly, preserving oils, rust inhibitors, etc. unless approved for silicone-rubber products. An appropriate alternative here may be one of the high-quality synthetic lubricating oils)
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by kevinross.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 6 months ago #25287 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic OSFS 1.20 Surpass Mklll
I'm using standard "after run" oil Kevin. There's a useful tube connecting the nipple marked 23 in the diagram to a nipple on the carburettor intake manifold. It makes squirting a drop or two of oil through the tube and into the most needed areas quite easy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevinross

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.474 seconds