Hitec HS-485HB failure - apparently lots of them!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #352 by
James,

As others have said NEVER skimp on servos I have also learnt this the hard way (long story)
My recommendation would be look into something at last 5kg in torque and metal geared! If you can stretch to it go for Savox really good servos and a good warranty with them as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #353 by simondean
I Agree with Chris, Have used Savox in a few models and been pleased with the results
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #354 by
Another vote for Savox, either SC-252 or SC-254

Stuart

More
10 years 8 months ago #355 by JRI
Savox has my vote too (check out Probuild, they have been doing them very cheap and as a club member you also get 10% discount) - I have just had a rudder servo failure on a Hitec HS645, I suspect that production has been moved to a cheaper source and the quality has been compromised.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
10 years 8 months ago #357 by Dante
James I have had Hitec sevos fail on an Insprire 90 with a Perry pumped Saito 125a. The aileron servo failed ON THE GROUND prior to take-of, lucky me. I am currently changing to Savox 0252 which are digital, metal geared and give out 10.5 Kgs at 6 volts and have much better centring, on the advise of Phil William of Probuild, Their cost after discount is around £22.00 and well worth it.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 7 months ago #408 by
Thank you for all the advice and responses, seems that Savox have a lot of votes!

Well being this side of Xmas and having to replace rather than buy Servos for the first time for the Yak I have ended up going with the PowerHD 1501 Metal Gears....highly rated by The Servo Shop and various forums, and ironically after some Internet shopping I found them from an American supplier for 6 servos delivered for £65....I gave The Servo Shop a chance to sharpen their pencil but they could only come in at £104.

Thinking I was buying copies or knock-offs they arrived today and cannot see any tell tale signs that they are.....oh well I guess we shall see how they perform! Certainly if I ever get lucky enough to enjoy a 30cc or 50cc it will be Savox all the way!

On the plus side it looks like the broken Hitec is being replaced free of charge too so will keep them for a smaller model or eBay them in due course!

chd.hk/Product_Detail.aspx?id=40

Thank you once again for all the advice and responses to this thread.

James

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds