Goldeneye Photos

• JonTappin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #11718 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Goldeneye Photos

Dave Rogers wrote: What would be better is if you even had a goldeneye bomber jacket :)

If only I had something like that, I could wear it up at the field ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JonTappin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #11719 by JonTappin
The howl of the 6 x 91's was impressive I have to say, as was the sound of the impact into scaffolding!!

We had warned the director and crew of the risks but they didn't seem that bothered, they did change things after the crash though :lol:

More
7 years 3 months ago #11720 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Goldeneye Photos

JonTappin wrote: The howl of the 6 x 91's was impressive I have to say, as was the sound of the impact into scaffolding!!

We had warned the director and crew of the risks but they didn't seem that bothered, they did change things after the crash though :lol:

Did the post crash investigation identify pilot error and was he named ??

• JonTappin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #11722 by JonTappin
There really wasn't much of a post crash investigation to be honest, health and safety rules didn't seem to apply to the film industry back then!!

I know who the pilot was, but will keep it to myself (wasn't me) but I wouldn't have said it was their fault anyway.

The take off shot was done using channels set into the model runway and plastic pins in the noseleg of the models to ensure they all ran staight down the runway and in line, this meant that the one on the left hand side, once it left the ground was very close to the scaffold, we pointed this out but they didn't seemed to be concerned. Of course eventually there was a collision after many repeated take offs, at which time they moved the scaffolding further away!

• JonTappin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #11724 by JonTappin
Remembered about this video about the model effects in the film. The guy being interviewed is one of the modelmakers we worked with. The still they used of the 3 Migs and crew was taken on one of the days I couldn't be there, annoying :angry:

www.youtube.com/shared?ci=Ur_2n0GdVZU

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.352 seconds