Super Sabre - Abingdon

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #12590 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Super Sabre - Abingdon
Peter - So sorry to read of your mishap, you must feel really gutted to have lost such a beautiful model.
Hopefully you will be able to determine the cause, is there a case for limiting the number of models that
can be airborne at the same time to reduce possible radio interference ?
Colin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #12592 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Super Sabre - Abingdon
It wasn't Pete's model Colin!!

• throttletothewall
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #12593 by throttletothewall
Replied by throttletothewall on topic Super Sabre - Abingdon
Colin,

Yes, as Pete has already said it was not my model, thank goodness.

However, having not seen the crash in real time (just the immediate after effects) I was keen to see if there were any lessons to be learnt. I did have a chat with the pilot afterwards and he couldn't understand what had happened and explained that he had previously had 30 uneventful flights with it. However, another person who had seen the crash chipped in and said he thought that one of the flaps might not have retracted properly but any video of the event would show this, hence my request for Phil to post the video to review it.

The flying is limited to four models in the air at any one time at most Jet meets (sometime only three at any one time) but this is not the issue. It is all the other Txs switched on in the pits etc as turbine models take a lot of setting up and trouble shooting if something is not quite working correctly and with probably 50+ models there was a fair chance quite a few Txs were switched on at any one time. My limited understanding is that as most of the more modern Txs will be frequency hopping they tend to take up quite a bit of the allocated spectrum and as DSM2 does not frequency hop it can (in extreme circumstances) momentarily suffer from loss of uncorrupted signal causing a failsafe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4Pedalsfly

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds