Freewing EDF Group

• Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 10 months ago #19890 by
Replied by on topic Freewing EDF Group
I also have set up a launch flight mode so it has up elevator dialled in. Once launched flip to normal flight mode hopefully.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #19891 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Freewing EDF Group

MikeSeale wrote:

AlanF wrote: Had a few flights with the Sabre today. Tried the underarm launch which ended in miserable failure

Did you have a lot of up elevator dialed in for the launch?

No, I leave the elevator at neutral but I do launch left handed so have immediate access to elevator if I need it.

The issue yesterday was there was no headwind to launch into and the underarm launch was probably a bit weak. I had enough time to apply elevator but the plane sank into the ground before gaining airspeed. Luckily the bullet tape did its job and no damage was done.

A good over arm, flat launch ( left hand launch - right hand TX) proved to be effective but you do need to give it a good heave if there is no headwind. Full power launches did not show any signs of the wing dipping.

As Jon mentioned a cheat hole could also be employed as a finger grip for launching so that is worth considering..

More
4 years 10 months ago #19938 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Freewing EDF Group
I tried the under arm launch on Saturday 29th. It went along the grass quite well. :lol: So, another go this time the overarm chuck test before the likely mass warfare due in minutes. Worked for me. and three times later too.

I am just wondering what the numbers of 64mm are now, got to be over a dozen I would've thought.:unsure:

More
4 years 9 months ago #19961 by Phil Ford
What is all this? Don't ask! :oops:
Attachments:

More
4 years 9 months ago #19964 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Freewing EDF Group
I had exactly the same message a few days ago.
Don't tell me..............
You've succumbed to the wiles of the Freewing Mig 15.

More
4 years 9 months ago #19965 by Phil Ford

Brian wrote: I had exactly the same message a few days ago.
Don't tell me..............
You've succumbed to the wiles of the Freewing Mig 15.

Definitely a No on that one. Okay I will own up, whilst making some "adjustments" to my Sabre one of the servo leads decided to enter the fan. Wack! Wack! :( No stock of fans at MotionRC so had to buy a whole unit for the 64mm Stinger instead. :whistle:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.622 seconds