Freewing EDF Group

More
4 years 10 months ago #19757 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Freewing EDF Group
Thanks, Phil. I've changed settings so you should be able to edit now
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil Ford

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #19758 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Freewing EDF Group
Amusing Mike and incredibly accurate!

More
4 years 10 months ago #19768 by MikeSeale
My Thunderchief is now maidened. Four quick flights in the dull and blustery conditions. Having seen how much fun Mitch had on his maiden flight I spent a little time setting up the control surfaces so they were level and it paid off because I needed no trim at all. And it was a doddle to launch with up elevator mixed in on a launch mode...will obviously be a little more tricky without the 20mph wind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Rogers

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #19778 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Freewing EDF Group
Excellent Mike, so we're just waiting for Simon and the elusive Mr Bright ;) although it's concerning to note a couple of models are reported as "Maidened" but not "Flyable"!

More
4 years 10 months ago #19781 by MikeSeale

AlanF wrote: Excellent Mike, so we're just waiting for Simon and the elusive Mr Bright ;) although it's concerning to note a couple of models are reported as "Maidened" but not "Flyable"!

There's no compulsion to complete the spreadsheet and some might not have seen the link. If anyone does want to add further details I'll add the link to the bottom of this post. I'm guessing the obvious time to aim for a mass launch would be during the EDF and jet weekend. This is not until July 6th and 7th so there's plenty of time to get models flown and trimmed beforehand. Big question mark will be whether they survive until then with a couple of weekends of close formation flying between now and then.

CLICK TO EDIT SPREADSHEET

More
4 years 10 months ago #19782 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Freewing EDF Group

AlanF wrote: Excellent Mike, so we're just waiting for Simon and the elusive Mr Bright ;) although it's concerning to note a couple of models are reported as "Maidened" but not "Flyable"!

What they mean to say and not wish it to be obvious is the fact that there is some "cheating" going on also known as "mods". ;) It does not however mean they will survive regardless. It didn't 8 years ago!

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds