Pete's latest creation

More
7 years 10 months ago #9191 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Pete's latest creation
At last a decent day!!!Final rub down with 1200 wet and dry , and grey primer ready for the cammo scheme.
The Hunter will have to wait now for a couple of weeks as I have two other projects to finish.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaveBright

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #9192 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Pete's latest creation
Pete - Most impressed by your latest creations, look forward to seeing the Panther & Hunter at Jet & D.F Day.
May I ask what are the other two projects ?
Colin.A

More
7 years 10 months ago #9193 by flyingpete
My Hunter will be a clone of this full size B)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4Pedalsfly

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #9194 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Pete's latest creation

flyingpete wrote: At last a decent day!!!Final rub down with 1200 wet and dry.

Sometimes I think this is easier, then paint rather than trying to cover complex rounded surfaces (or oil soaked wood) with Profilm, always seem to get creases, then spend ages trying to sort it. Much easier to spray paint! ;)
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
7 years 10 months ago #9195 by flyingpete
Very true Phil!
If you go for a super light glass cloth and three coats of resin I bet it weighs no more than a profilm covered model.
The biggest mistake people make is that if the weave on the cloth is not filled after three coats of resin they keep on putting layer after layer of resin on which will start getting heavy.
The best way is, if you can still see the weave give the airframe one coat of high build primer,much lighter than numerous coats of resin.
The other big mistake people make is when they first apply the cloth they use far to much resin and you will find the cloth will not stick to the balsa and it floats on the resin.
Much better way is lay the cloth on the panel and pour a small amount of resin in the middle and with a plastic debit card work the resin into the cloth so it sticks to the balsa.Once the panel is done get some good quality kitchen roll and gently dab it over the panel to remove any excess resin and leave to dry.

• DaveBright
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #9198 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Pete's latest creation
Come on! Seems to be very slow progress here...... :) your text said it wouldn't be waiting as you were too excited :)

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds