No Name Plane

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 8 months ago #20656 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic No Name Plane
After a fair bit of faffing around I have made some wood blocks and glued them in the wing tips. The blocks take the original E-Flite lug. I retained the forward anti-rotation lug and it slides into a piece of plastic channel that is inserted and glued into the wing tips. The winglets are held on by 3mm cap head bolts. I did not have any 3mm nylons! Cannot decide what colour to paint the winglets before laminating - hovering on Citroen blue met, ford Capri blue met, Fiat Red or Gloss black.
Other than making up some skids for the underside and inserting the bungy hook it is virtually ready for maiden.

Fitted with 10X7 prop for 4 cells but possibly could go 12x8 on 3 cells
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #20658 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic No Name Plane
Phil - Look forward to the maiden flight, I have 3mm nylon screws, what
length ? - will put in my field box for you.

Colin.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 8 months ago #20659 by Phil Ford
Thanks. 18mm nylons would be perfect but can always cut down longer lengths. If I could've used 4mm I had some nice thumbscrew head versions, saves needing a any tools to fit.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 7 months ago #20840 by Phil Ford
A successful maiden today with big wing. Launched from ramp and glide gracefully across the field nice and stable, but no motor power! Forgot to arm the motor. :oops: Reload ramp bungy and away it went. flies really nice but a bit under-powered but I blame HK because they don't have the motor I wanted to fit. Initially flew it with some slight up elvons up but flight suggests it does not want it so will wind back the control clevises. Only flew it in manual mode so did not check out flight controller modes. May have to go on the backburner for a while until I can acquire my preferable motor/kV/power. Got some video from the two cameras and will edit something together shortly.
Attachments:

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 7 months ago #20841 by Phil Ford
Quick flick. Best viewed full screen

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #20958 by Phil Ford
Another flight with the 'No Name Wing' today, 15th October. Kept the same size prop (10x7) and dropped down to a three cell Lipo as before it appeared there was not much after half throttle. A bit better today and flies really nice but does not want to keep climbing at steep angles and no chance of verticals. I really think the motor is over rated by HK so going to jump up to a SK3 5045 660kv (in my stock room) on 5 or 6 cells and 11 - 12 inch prop although my 'Egg Bomber' has this power train and it really goes well considering it is also quite heavy. The difference in motor weights though is 140 gms so hopefully the bigger lipo up front will balance it all out.

Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Phil Ford.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.405 seconds