Futaba 8J

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 5 months ago #14528 by
Futaba 8J was created by
I could do with some help guys.
I have put a 6 channel Futaba s-fhss receiver in a model of a WACO that I have put together. Ch1 is ailerons, 2 is elevator, 3 is throttle, ( in my case it's to the speed controller) and ch4 is rudder. I have bound the receiver, but I'm having problems getting the ailerons to function. All other functions work correctly. The aileron servos are on a Y lead. What ever I do the servos work together in the same direction. I have connected the servos individually to ch1 and they will operate as you would expect. I have taken out the Y lead and put the servo plugs in ch1 and ch6. Still both servos work in the same direction of travel. All settings in the transmitter are factory settings. Any ideas how I can get the servos turning in the left/right directions as I need them to be?
Ideas gratefully received
Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #14529 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Futaba 8J
I would never use a Y lead with separate aileron servos. Far more logical to use ch 1 & 6 - then reverse the channels as required. Using two channels, you can program individual end points and differential.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #14530 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Futaba 8J
I assume you are using two aileron servos Simon. The Y lead is not the issue , it is just sending an identical signal. So then one of them is installed the same way round as the other, ie output shaft both facing same way. Either that or one of them is rotation reversed.See images below

Note: I have found on quite few HK models and such like have a factory reversed servo in one wing. Century Riot did so I found out. Had to buy the servo set just to get the right one.:(

Image 2. No good unless you are able to reverse servo.
image 1. What you should have normally
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Phil Ford.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 5 months ago #14531 by
Replied by on topic Futaba 8J
Hi Phil
The servos are not specified by hobbyking, however I found a piece on you tube where someone has put one together, shown it flying and given the info on which tunigy servos they used, I copied their spec, however they did not specify 'aileron servos' just a model number
Simon

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #14532 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Futaba 8J
Is this the 1300mm Waco bi-plane as below ? Can you upload a picture of how the servos are mounted anyway?
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Phil Ford.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 5 months ago #14533 by
Replied by on topic Futaba 8J
Yes Phil it's the 1300 Hobbyking. I'm not familiar on how to upload pics to the forum I'm afraid.
Simon

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds