Futaba 8J

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #14534 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic Futaba 8J

kevinross wrote: I would never use a Y lead with separate aileron servos. Far more logical to use ch 1 & 6 - then reverse the channels as required. Using two channels, you can program individual end points and differential.

Totally the right way to go!!! Wont' cost you more than a couple of quid to bin the Y-lead and put in two servo extension leads instead.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by JRI.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 5 months ago #14535 by
Replied by on topic Futaba 8J
O.K. I have plugged the servos directly into channel 1 & 6. Servo on 1 works fine, the servo on chan 6 not responding at all.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 5 months ago #14536 by
Replied by on topic Futaba 8J
My setup is pic 2 Phil

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #14537 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Futaba 8J

Simon O wrote: Yes Phil it's the 1300 Hobbyking. I'm not familiar on how to upload pics to the forum I'm afraid.
Simon

My setup is pic 2 Phil Sorry my error. I have edited that post. Please re-read it. Oooh! Then one definitely needs reversing.:(

Oh well. Simple answer is put one servo on a different spare channel and mix them together, therefore being able to reverse on the TX the servo direction of the problem servo. Problem solved.;) Make sure that no switch is assigned to Ch6 (normally flaps). Don't ask me regarding the mixing as I am a JR and Taranis man.:lol:
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
6 years 5 months ago #14538 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Futaba 8J

Simon O wrote: O.K. I have plugged the servos directly into channel 1 & 6. Servo on 1 works fine, the servo on chan 6 not responding at all.

You need to tell your radio that you are using two servos for ailerons. Look at the index of your manual that came with the radio and look for how to set up a model with two aileron servos. At the moment it sounds like this function is inhibited or not assigned which is why there is no output to channel 6.

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #14539 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic Futaba 8J
Page 49 of the 8J manual (flaperons)
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by JRI.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.485 seconds