FrSKY Taranis X9E

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 1 month ago #16095 by
Replied by on topic FrSKY Taranis X9E
I can't seem to post the video, but yep it was Triggers Broom.
Thanks for the info Brian.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #16118 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic FrSKY Taranis X9E
Oops! The new arms fitted into the position of the original support arms doesn't work all that well. The arms are well over to each side of the X9E case and get in the way of the backs of my hands. I expect its because I'm a stick pincher, only because the other method of control is "thumb-thing" I never managed all that well.

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #16130 by Brian
The Horus arms now fit the X9E case. I hoped to be able to leave the original alloy arm support in place, however, it isn't possible to assemble the back cover to the transmitter with the support arms fitted. I'll replace the screws supplied with socket head screws and T nuts fitted into the back cover. This will enable the arms to be fitted after the transmitter case has been closed up.
Attachments:

More
6 years 1 month ago #16166 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic FrSKY Taranis X9E
Is this what you are trying to achieve?
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #16167 by Brian
That's pretty close John, I'm not sure about the "cheek squeezing" attachment though, and I think it'll work without the magnet. In order to avoid offending club members, I'll wear the harness over my clothes, I wouldn't want anyone losing control of their model during fits of laughter.
Strangely............I'd just finished adjusting the positions of the transmitter support hooks on the harness when my wife walked into the room. She took one horrified look and fled. Hasn't spoken to me since. So it isn't all bad!

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #16168 by Brian
The Taranis support arm mods seem to have been worthwhile. All controls, sticks and switches are accessible without interference. The larger semi-fixed attachment rings work better than I thought. Hooking on is a fuss free business, I found the original spring loaded "dog leash" type clips hard to operate with old and cold fingers. When hooked on, the X9E is almost horizontal and feels very comfortable. I've looked at John's cartoon again, and now I'm absolutely certain that the rig will work without the cheek squeezer and magnet.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Brian.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.389 seconds