Taranis with no RSSI

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 8 months ago #17468 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Taranis with no RSSI
Thanks for suggesting T9 for the aerial spares Phil. I flew the Venture 60 this afternoon. Very gusty, but solid control even though the RSSI was zero!. The range check was done with the model about half way along the strip and I stood halfway between the container and the upper gate. That must've been close to fifty yards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #17469 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Taranis with no RSSI
Good show! :) Did not think you were going up as it was a bit breezy and you had not responded to my last post. Sorry.

So, it is just the telemetry not outputing/sending RSSI data.

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 8 months ago #17486 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Taranis with no RSSI
Not a problem Phil, at least I found that the Venture handles a breeze quite nicely. The lack of telemetry was caused by incorrectly binding the Rx. The pamphlet that came with it said that the signal pins on channels 3 and 4 should be "jumpered". It bound alright and signal strength was good as the range check showed. This morning I re-bound the Rx without the jumper in place. Range check now shows RSSI of 84 at a distance of fifteen feet, and the nice lady inside the transmitter informed me that telemetry was lost when I switched the Rx off.

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #17487 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Taranis with no RSSI
Jumping pins 3 & 4 disables telemetry. This if you have two receivers smart ported together, one master (sending telemetry) and one slave as back up satellite. Obviously you don't need two telemetry signals! You will remember next time won't you. :lol:
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Phil Ford.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds