JR Radio Set-Up for Aerobats

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #4725 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic JR Radio Set-Up for Aerobats
Sound like you have it cracked Phil.

Rather than using a throttle trim cut, I would recommend that you consider an elecronic ignition cut remote switch. I run these on all my petrol engines, they allow you to cut the ignition power via the tx and are a good safety feature. I have used the RC excel one which is about £15, see the attached link, scroll down to the bottom of the page.

www.justengines.co.uk/acatalog/Ignition_...or_Glow_Engines.html
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by JonTappin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #4727 by
Replied by on topic JR Radio Set-Up for Aerobats
I notice in an earlier post Phil states he is connecting left aileron to ail (ch2), on my JR Tx, a 9X, when I select the appropriate wing type, the servo list shows ch2 as right ail and 6 as left ail. I adhered to this so that all other adjustments appeared where I expected them. Maybe the later Tx's are different?

Stuart
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by . Reason: spelling

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago #4731 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic JR Radio Set-Up for Aerobats

JonTappin wrote: Sound like you have it cracked Phil.

Rather than using a throttle trim cut, I would recommend that you consider an elecronic ignition cut remote switch. I run these on all my petrol engines, they allow you to cut the ignition power via the tx and are a good safety feature. I have used the RC excel one which is about £15, see the attached link, scroll down to the bottom of the page.

www.justengines.co.uk/acatalog/Ignition_...or_Glow_Engines.html

I think you misread my setting for ignition kill. ;) On the Mustang DLE20 the Opto Kill switch is connected to aux4 (which is assigned to trainer switch) and then set the range to 100%, and now when lifting trainer switch theign ition can be cut remotely. Steve M set this up for me on the TX and then I tried it at home and it works. :) So I was just following this set-up for the Cap232

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago #4732 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic JR Radio Set-Up for Aerobats

Stuartmck wrote: I notice in an earlier post Phil states he is connecting left aileron to ail (ch2), on my JR Tx, a 9X, when I select the appropriate wing type, the servo list shows ch2 as right ail and 6 as left ail. I adhered to this so that all other adjustments appeared where I expected them. Maybe the later Tx's are different?

Stuart

That was how I originally set it up but I don't think it matters which channel they are plugged into if they are mated. I suppose! ;) Except if your in Glider mode and then all channels are reassigned internally.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 10 months ago #4752 by
Replied by on topic JR Radio Set-Up for Aerobats
Re the kill switch. I use CH5, or any available non-momentary switch. That way I can have the ignition switched off, remotely, when checking model, or, priming engine, etc.
My trainer sw is momentary, so, although it would stop the engine, does not give me the other functions I require.

Stuart.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds