Pc9 120 on eBay. Some help required maybe.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #10351 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Pc9 120 on eBay. Some help required maybe.
Keep it simple Lee. That version only needs 5 channels. Because it has not got flaps (normally uses ch6 or aux1) and they are Y-leading the ailerons. On smaller models using Y-leads is no big issue, except you have to be more picky when setting up the mechanical linkages.

Buy the PC9 if it looks OK, but if you think it has been hacked about a bit with a blunt screwdriver, ;) walk away, avoiding numerous hours of rework. I got a 60 size Chipmunk ex Ebay and regreted it. Needs total recover, etc. The only thing that was good was the 4 stroke engine
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #10355 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Pc9 120 on eBay. Some help required maybe.
Lee, the model for sale has 9 servos and you would ideally use a 9-channel receiver linked to a 9-channel transmitter. But you could use your 6-channel radio if you use y-leads. Doing this will assume that the linked servos turn the right direction, and if they don't you will have to add a servo reverser into the system...not a problem, just another small expense and possible failure point.
The 6 channels would be:
1. Aileron = left and right aileron servos y-leaded together
2. Throttle
3. Elevator
4. Rudder and (Steerable nose leg) = y-leaded to the rudder servo
5. Retracts
6. Flaps = left and right flap servos y-leaded together

I hope this helps
Mike

More
7 years 6 months ago #10356 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Pc9 120 on eBay. Some help required maybe.
Lee, this is a link to the Black Horse 120 size manual. Might help to sort the pipework for the retracts as well as the connections for the servos. I looked at the ebay photos, apart from some hangar rash, doesn't look all that bad. At least it should be a clean airframe, so any repairs/replacements would be easier than if the model had been flown. So good luck with the bids. Clear the bench, make some tea, open the chocolate digestive tin and enjoy the build.
www.manualslib.com/manual/917157/Black-H...6.html?page=4#manual
Kind regards
Brian

More
7 years 6 months ago #10357 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Pc9 120 on eBay. Some help required maybe.
Lee, I've just flicked through the BH manual. If you do buy the model, please don't fit the decals to the wings as shown.
The "Kangaroo" roundels should have the "Roo" facing forward with its feet towards the fuselage. If in doubt, look at the official Roulettes website.
Kind regards
Brian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Bannister

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #10359 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Pc9 120 on eBay. Some help required maybe.
Avoid servo reversers for flaps. If the flap servos have been installed in opposite hands (similar to the ailerons) one of them may be a reverse direction servo or needs to be. However, if they have been installed the same way round then then a Y-lead will be fine. Hope you are following this?

As I favour programmable HiTec servos I can change the way the servo moves so don't have these issues. (usually ;) ) There are other makes that will do the same but I have no knowlege of which.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Phil Ford.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds