Christmas Curare EP

• Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #7150 by
Replied by on topic Christmas Curare EP
Luckily we still have A Christmas Curare thread in the, cough, cough, Oily section of the forum :evil:

As the electric motor mount is a separate piece, could you not just use it as a template and make an extended version of it?
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago #7151 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Christmas Curare EP
Ordered some 16mm x 200mm round ally bar. £7.00 incl P&P. I'll make my own spacers with some spare for the future. ;)

More
8 years 5 months ago #7152 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Christmas Curare EP
I don't understand why you didn't order the NTM42 10mm spacers. A pack of 4 costs 67 pence from the UK warehouse and you'd need two packs to give you the 20mm stand-off that you need. Did you look at the photos and the link I posted earlier?

NTM42 10mm spacers

More
8 years 5 months ago #7153 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Christmas Curare EP
The reason that the lipolice motor is longer is due to the fact that it is not designed to take a prop-driver like the SK3 does. Instead, you have to use a collet-type prop adapter and you can clearly see from the photos on the Schweighoffer website that this makes the distance from the back of the motor to the prop driver a lot longer.

Looking at photos on the HK website, I'd say that the lipolice motor is the same as the easymatch G46-550.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago #7154 by Phil Ford
Oops! Sorry Mike I must have missed that post. :( It will cost me 5.34 Parcel force for 67pence item now. Not unless I can think of something else I need that warrants the cost of the postage.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #7156 by Phil Ford
This stand-off issue really had me going. :( But this morning I am thinking - Hangar 9 Mustang came with 48mm stand-offs for electric. But I fitted a gas engine! Then there must be somewhere in this house 4 stand-offs. After an hour of searching found them in the roof still bagged up. :) Simple job to cut out four 20mm bits and drill out to 4.5mm for 4mm set screw clearance. Motor mounted, cowl position set and fixed. 2mm clearance between cowl and spinner backplate.

The qefimagazine electric review isn't that helpful as such, more of a skimp through. Jon's build/review much more helpful. ;) although for glow. ;) Since these models were reviewed, some changes at the factory have been done. The snake tubes are already fitted. There are four now, two for elevator rods and two offset for pull pull rudder. The single rod to rudder is discontinued. However to get a decent pull pull arm in to match the rudder horn width I have had to put the rudder servo where the throttle servo would've fitted.
The pull pull wires will now go under the elevator arm as per the original build instructions.

Getting some decent progress now, not rushing but taking careful steps. Tomorrow I am planning on glueing the stabiliser (dry fitted and looks good). Glueing the wings too, then I can work on the flap system.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Phil Ford.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds