Christmas Curare

More
8 years 5 months ago #7089 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Christmas Curare

PhilF51 wrote: Does this model need metal geared servos?

Further to Jon's comment, the gear mesh can be a lot tighter with nylon gears resulting in less slop. You need metal gear when the servo is small and/or likely to be abused from landing damage or hanger rash. This applies to normal sized models..not IMAC and so on where in-flight loads are much higher and my experience runs out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago #7090 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Christmas Curare
Gears? I thought metal might be overkill. ;) Depending on what servo shop have got in stock, it'll be a toss up between JR HVs or Hitec HVs. That way they are good for any voltage with only a 10% loss between 7.4v & 6.0v

Jon - A tuned pipe looks good but need to be set up for the rpm, fuel and a ported engine. But if I use my OS55AX with the bog muffler it should be okay for me? The engine used to haul my Cherokee around like a pylon racer on 11x7. :lol:

More
8 years 5 months ago #7096 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Christmas Curare
Depends what your performance requirements are Phil. A pipe will significantly increase performance and if you use the right one will also reduce the noise. My West 52 is turning an 11 x 9 at 11k on a Genesis pipe.

You don't need to change fuel or anything else to gain a performance advantage, setting a pipe up is really not that difficult.

But if you are not looking for unlimited vertical performance a standard silencer will work fine.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds