Winter build threads

• Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 6 months ago #10487 by
Replied by on topic Winter build threads
With Christmas coming up can I order a few signed copies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #10488 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Winter build threads
Jon, I think they're all being most unkind. Anyway, a work of art signed by the artist is something to treasure. Today, I had a better look at the Giles' engine mounting. The bearers are high and to the side of the bulkhead, so things looked promising. I set the fuselage in my building jig and took a few measurements. The engine is correctly mounted laterally and the prop driver lines up with the bottom of the hole in the cowl. But, the engine needs to be moved up at least half an inch to get the prop driver centralised in the cowl. I think i'l be able to do this if I ditch the original two piece bearers and use a SLEC or Radio Active( can't remember who makes 'em) type one-piece engine mount. This should fit OK by adding extra mounting holes. With luck I'll get it done by Easter..

More
7 years 6 months ago #10489 by Brian
A4 copies, unsigned 20p. Minimum order 50. p+p at cost.

More
7 years 6 months ago #10490 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Winter build threads

Brian wrote: Today, I had a better look at the Giles' engine mounting. The bearers are high and to the side of the bulkhead, so things looked promising. I set the fuselage in my building jig and took a few measurements. The engine is correctly mounted laterally and the prop driver lines up with the bottom of the hole in the cowl. But, the engine needs to be moved up at least half an inch to get the prop driver centralised in the cowl.

Has it got a lot of downthrust built in causing this issue? If so, I would remove it to get the prop driver back up before you do anything else. I wouldn't expect a model of this type would need much, if any downthrust.

More
7 years 6 months ago #10491 by Brian
The engine mount has two degrees right and two degrees down thrust.. The thrust angles seem to be right as the prop driver is parallel with the boss moulded on the cowl.

More
7 years 6 months ago #10503 by Brian
Here it is at last. Fortunately there was enough space to fit four new fixings. To get the clearance for the new engine mount, the top flange of the mounting box was removed. It looks alright, but whether it'll fly is something else.
Attachments:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds