Winter build threads

More
7 years 6 months ago #10426 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Winter build threads
It's for Pete! I'm just the procurement division :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #10427 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Winter build threads
I'm re-building a Flair Hannibal this Winter. I started over a year ago when the original model was wrecked by a stationary gorse bush that moved onto the runway The model differs from the original design, it has two piece wings and fuselage. Apart from a very battered cowling and a slightly crooked U/C, and something like twenty patched up ribs, its a completely new build. I don't know if my build would be of interest, but if it is, I'll tack on some photos.
I have a Flair Giles gathering dust too, I bought it as a "project", I stopped working on the model when I couldn't sort out the engine mounting. The "box" which form the front bulkhead has rather generous down and side thrust built in to the front face. With the engine mounted, the prop driver isn't anywhere near the hole in the cowling. I'd be grateful if someone could give me a bit of advice. Apart from sawing off the front of the "box" and rebuilding it, I can't figure a way round the problem.

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #10428 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Winter build threads
Get some pics up Brian.. I will help you to get her sorted. Bringing the engine forward on the Giles is an easy thing to do without cutting the motor box
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by flyingpete.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
7 years 6 months ago #10429 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Winter build threads
Hopefully I will be able to get my hands on my winter project soon.
I don't have much info but the model is a F15 with fibreglass fuzz with foam core wings and tail. It will be built around my Wren 100 B)

More
7 years 6 months ago #10430 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Winter build threads

Chris001 wrote: you've only got to watch Mike with his Bubble Dancer to appreciate just how stressful that type of flying is!

The stress happens in a strong thermal at 500m when you start to ask yourself "how strong is that spar?"

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #10431 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Winter build threads

flyingpete wrote: It will be built around my Wren 100 B)

Hunter lost out on the turbine? ;)

If I feel like trying my patience to the limit then this may get some attention............A Carl Goldberg from Ebay
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Phil Ford.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds