Orcrist - 2.5m aerobatic glider

• Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #18574 by
Replied by on topic Orcrist - 2.5m aerobatic glider
It being New Years day and all that I thought it would be the perfect day to venture out and a bit of quality time with nature, and so I found myself at the top of a hill outside of Shaftesbury, it was pleasant, the sun was shining, there was a little gentile breeze and no one around... the reason no one was around was because someone had forgotten their wing joiner! When that some one returned an hour later, the cloud had rolled in, and the breeze and increase a fraction.

The Orcrist, proved that it was perfectly happy flying around in a gentile breeze, the kind of breeze that would have had me scratching around with the WildThing trying to gain some height just to do one loop or roll and then be working again to gain height, but with the Orcrist Mike seemed to be able to loop, roll, stall turn etc as much as he liked.

I'm impressed by the way it flew, or should that be the way Mike flew it? Either way the Orcrist looked very elegant in the air and precise through the manoeuvrers. But more than that, to design and build something that does so well what he wanted it to do is brilliant.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MikeSeale
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 4 months ago #18575 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Orcrist - 2.5m aerobatic glider
Thanks, Chris...and sorry to keep you waiting. The most annoying bit was that the Sun was shining all the time I drove home and back again. The good news it that I'll never do that again...until next time!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds