3D Printing

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 1 month ago #21570 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic 3D Printing
Indeed the Joker bits are assembling into something that looks remarkably like the photo in the maker's advert. Yesterday the fuselage parts were glued, the carbon reinforcing tube slid in without any fuss. The tail plane and elevators went together in the same manner. There was a small snag when gluing the tail plane to the spar "stubs" on the fuselage, I'd spread a little too much cyano on the stub, when the tail plane was slid into place, the glue ran over my thumb. I never felt a thing. It took quite a while with debonder and a small paint brush before I could put the model down. Now I wonder if the CAA will accept my thumbprint instead of a printed code number?
I don't know about making it ballistic Phil, I prefer the slower option, at least it should take longer to crash if it flies a bit slower. Good to hear that the joiners worked out.
I hope no offence has been caused by the photo of my newly unglued thumb.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #21571 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic 3D Printing

Brian wrote: I hope no offence has been caused by the photo of my newly unglued thumb.

Glad you mentioned it was your thumb. Initially I thought it was a ............

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 1 month ago #21578 by Brian
Most encouraging Phil, and most kind of you to suggest that it might have been a less robust part of my anatomy, however I must point out that I'm Eighty seven and some months and my thumb is much larger than ......

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 1 month ago #21581 by Brian
The Joker's wings have been fitted. Small amounts of material had to be filed off the rear of the wing joint, this enabled the fixing screws at the front of the wing joint to line up with the two 4mm tapped holes in the fuselage. So far the fit of all the parts has been very good. No photos today as windy weather makes outdoor model photography a bit perilous. Now I know there won't be a problem with fitting the wing to the fuselage, I'll go ahead with the assembly of the flaps and ailerons, fit the servos, and I'm almost finished (I think). The brushless motor fits nicely on to the pre-moulded front bulkhead, don't see any problem there.Thinking ahead and the possibility of warm sunny days (now there's a happy thought), I wonder how I'm going to be able to keep a 1.7M model in the shade without taking it apart?

More
4 years 1 month ago #21582 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic 3D Printing

Brian wrote: I wonder how I'm going to be able to keep a 1.7M model in the shade without taking it apart?

No problem. Give it to me. :lol:

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 1 month ago #21584 by Brian
Can't give it to you Phil, you said you had "too many models", you cast a long shadow, perhaps you'd stand by the model while its on the ground, for a very small fee of course.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.518 seconds