Provost

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
8 years 11 months ago #4453 by flyingpete
Provost was created by flyingpete
Frank has asked me if I would like to accept the challenge to build his provost which I have accepted. It's early days yet as I need to meet up with Frank and pick up the drawings and balsa etc and to discuss the build.
IIf you lads are interested I will do another build thread,but I don't think it will be a fast as my hurricane

Pete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #4455 by Dave Rogers
Replied by Dave Rogers on topic Provost
I'd be interested to watch a build thread of the provost. Good luck but I'm sure you don't need it

More
8 years 11 months ago #4458 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Provost
Really glad you accepted the challenge Pete, I know it will mean a great deal to Frank. He asked a few of us at the weekend who might be willing and you were the obvious choice :)

Very interested in a build thread.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago #4461 by
Replied by on topic Provost
Always enjoy watching planes coming together so yes, a build thread would be good.

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #4462 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Provost
Ok chaps looks like we have interest in a build thread. Hope to meet up with Frank next week so will be able to make a start.
Iv had a.flight in a full size provost about 5 years ago with John fairey shortly after this John lost his life in the provost when no 6 cylinder let go and he was overcome by smoke in the cockpit and it went in.The only good thing.I suppose was that he was unconscious. I don't know what scheme frank has in mind,but it would be really nice to base iI on John's full size as he was a fantastic guy R.I.P John
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by flyingpete. Reason: text

More
8 years 11 months ago #4463 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Provost
I'm also pleased you are going to see Frank and I'm sure he will regard your experience in the full size as a bonus. (but sorry your late pal suffered a tragedy in one)
Franks inspiration for the subject is that when a teenager, his Dad was an RAF Provost instructor so and thats the first aircraft he first flew in.

Look forward to the thread.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds