F9f grumman panther

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
8 years 8 months ago #5476 by flyingpete
F9f grumman panther was created by flyingpete
Well it seems after today that the cat is out of the bag,so I might aswell make it official B)
my next adventure will be my first dabble into gas turbines with the panther. Probably not the best choice for a first time jet but I'm sure with the help of Dave B/David T/JRI and Jon T it will be fine. The biggest problem is that there are not many balsa based designs on the market but I think the panther with it's straight wing and fairly light wing loading and rugged u/c should suit cashmoor.
I hope to fit the biggest turbine I can afford as it will be handy for future projects and I can always use the throttle stick.Not much will happen until I have finished the vampire so it gives me time to purchase everything and then I will do another full build thread.

Pete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #5481 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic F9f grumman panther
B)
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by DaveBright.

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
8 years 8 months ago #5695 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic F9f grumman panther
I was planning to go away for 10 day's or so in my caravan, but with the rubbish weather and the wife doing her neck in and the vampire on hold until David gets back from Germany I was at a loose end.
I was suffering from a lack of balsa bashing so the lid came off the panther box and the glue flowed for the next 9 days and the panther is built. I purchased a bench run only 80 size turbine from a mate of mine and here is a picture of the trial fit of the motor in the airframe.
I have made a few changes to the airframe to accommodate the turbine as it was originally designed for ducted fan.
Attachments:

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
8 years 8 months ago #5697 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic F9f grumman panther
A few build pics

More
8 years 8 months ago #5699 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic F9f grumman panther
You do have some sort of affliction for obsessive compulsive building! But what an affliction to have :)

Got any of it rigged and sheeted? :)

More
8 years 8 months ago #5700 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic F9f grumman panther
Flippin 'eck , how on earth do you build so quickly? is it put together with a nail gun? (only joking)

Maiden at the Jet and EDF event?

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.313 seconds