All time great planes…

More
8 years 8 months ago #5755 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic All time great planes…
Oh no, tell a lie..... Had a 'Dalotel' for a little while. Think I was given that by someone in the club! But I was quite young

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #5756 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic All time great planes…

DaveBright wrote: Phil is correct. Think the oldest thing I ever flew was David Tappin's biplane which I think he first flew the year after I was born.... I don't think I've flown anything truly 'classic' apart from Jon's Curare.

Child of the ARTF age unfortunately!

ARTF Anagram of FART which we all will be one day apparently, just add "old"

I have a dreaded feeling that.............................................. No, I'll be okay :unsure:

More
8 years 8 months ago #5757 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic All time great planes…
You have a feeling what Phil? Time for meds? I think so! :)

More
8 years 8 months ago #5759 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic All time great planes…
It's okay Dave, I thought I was getting the "OLD" bit. ;)

When I t'were a lad we got 1 shilling (5p) on Saturday morning if I had been a good boy all week. Up t'shop and paid sixpence (2 1/2p) for balsa plane in a paper bag. A wing, profile fuselage and tail bits. Slide said items through slots attach elastic band and let go. Great! :lol:

The other sixpence change got me in t'cinema or a Mars bar if I could sneak in the back way.

(Some words have been edited to assist those from up Norf)

More
8 years 8 months ago #5760 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic All time great planes…
Great Planes - Shoestring Racer 1/4 scale (artf), my favorite model and still going after 12 years on its original Irvine .72 !
www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article_display.cfm?article_id=1181

More
8 years 8 months ago #5763 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic All time great planes…

JonTappin wrote: 2 I flew that are now available as kits from PB models

I had a Chevron built from the MAP kit back in the '80's. Foam wing and polyester fibreglass fuselage. This would have been my third model after a Ripmax Trainer and cant-remember-it low wing trainer. I remember it being tricky fitting the firewall into a glass fuselage with all the bolt holes and plumbing holes in the right place and fitting it so the spinner ended up square to the nose ring. The tail was just a flat sheet glued to the fuselage with epoxy.. It only lasted a few flights before the tail departed company at about 400 feet. Lesson learned...do not use epoxy resin on a polyester fuselage.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.528 seconds