My next jet project

More
8 years 3 months ago #7791 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic My next jet project
Another nice scheme, military on top, Swiss flag underside.

Images of a nice flight at the Jet World Master's, Switzerland, in 2013 to inspire you Pete - just as if you need inspiration! I can never decide if my favourite aircraft is the the Hunter or the F-4 Phantom. Aviation's answer to the Beauty and the Beast.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flyingpete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #7792 by simondean
Replied by simondean on topic My next jet project
The Hunter has always been one of my Favourite Jets.Good choice Pete ! :cheer:

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
7 years 11 months ago #8854 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic My next jet project
It's time to build something in my new workshop so the hunter kit box and plans are on the bench ready.
Firstly i thought i would run through the set up cost of a model like this as scratch building is a great way to save yourself lots of money against an artf version, and i think all you non builders will be surprised and hopefully spur a few of you to have a go at scratch building.

I had my drawings for the hunter put on a file which i sent to Belair kit cutters and they gave me a price of £225. This short kit includes all the main parts of the model ie formers/ribs wing bracing/ servo and retract mounts etc.
Today i made up a cutting list of all the balsa/ ply and light ply and hardwood needed to build the model and this came to £220 which i have placed with slec.

Lastly i put an order in today with deluxe materials for the glue needed which came to £75.

So a total of £550 to get the hunter underway is pretty good in my book. I haven't added any labour cost as that bit is free.
So that just leaves finishing costs which will be approximately £200.

£750 for a completed 1/6 scale hawker hunter ready for turbine and radio

I have one more job to do in the garden this week to keep her indoors happy, and then the hunter build will begin B)

More
7 years 11 months ago #8855 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic My next jet project
Probably through experience but amazed how you cost out materials required Pete. :whistle:

Colour scheme? Miss Demeanor would be fantastic. ;) And you wouldn't lose sight of it in the grey cloud cover that usually sits over Cashmoor. :lol:

I'll subscribe to this thread with much interest.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds