Pepsi Chipmunk Build

More
7 years 7 months ago #10076 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Pepsi Chipmunk Build
Now David! Tut tut! You know full well there is always something to do even when one thinks that one has covered all possiblities. :lol:

To be honest, I have only scanned through the videos. Phil C is at this moment burning a disc for me with the still shots. I will have a good go :unsure: at knocking up a video for Club Night.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DavidTappin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #10079 by Phil Ford
Covering the wing. Which is the best way of tackling this job? Obviously I will start the Red band at the trailing edge then overlap the white centre band and then the blue. What I am thinking of, is sticking the overlaps over open wing sections where there is no sheeting and there fore nothing press against.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #10080 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Pepsi Chipmunk Build
You won't be able to do that Phil, I don't know where your overlaps occur, but you will probably have to run the white up to the leading edge sheet so the whole open area is covered. Then overlap the blue from the leading edge and over the white back to the change in colour point.

This is how I have done my Extra repair, photo attached.

When overlapping the layers use the lowest heat with a sick or soft cloth over the iron, then work one end to the other removing air as you go. If you do end up with any air bubbles then pierce with a pin or sharp blade, you won't we the puncture when you iron it down.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by JonTappin.

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #10081 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Pepsi Chipmunk Build
As Jon says or glue a balsa rib capping along your film edge line so it sits flush with rib cappings and leading and trailing edge sheeting.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by flyingpete.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil Ford

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #10082 by Phil Ford
I thought what you have said would be the case Jon. With reference to plan images below and my wing image, the white centre band will easily cover the open wing from virtually the leading edge at wing tips to a line from the outer aileron hinge line. The rear Red band is the problem. I think I follow some of what you said but.......... ;)

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
7 years 7 months ago #10083 by Phil Ford

flyingpete wrote: As Jon says or glue a balsa rib capping along your film edge line so it sits flush with rib cappings and leading and trailing edge sheeting.

You must have posted same time as me Pete. I thought the very same - put some stringers between the ribs.... ;)

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds