Bucker Jungmeister repair

• kevinross
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 8 months ago #24988 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Bucker Jungmeister repair

John Ireland wrote: I wonder if fitting nipples to the rocker covers and linking them together with silicone tube might allow some of the exhaust blow-by oil/vapour to reach the inlet rocker and pushrod Kevin?

Were on the same wavelength John, but that would be difficult with my installation, so my thoughts are

1. Silver solder a nipple on the pushrod tube for direct oil injection prior to flight
2. ditto both pushrod tubes and link those with silicone tube.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #24989 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Bucker Jungmeister repair

Kevin Ross wrote: Silver solder a nipple on the pushrod tube for direct oil injection prior to flight

That seemed to work quite well in the early days of flight. ;) Why should it not work today?

• kevinross
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #25007 by kevinross
having concluded that the only source of lube at the front end of the motor is via the exhaust valve, ALL the cylinder blow past lube is passing straight thru the rear vent so no oil is getting fwd of the main crank bearing onto the cams or the inlet tappet/ pushrod, ive carried out this mods. Pic 1 shows the groove in the exhaust tappet guide which is getting lube from the exhaust rocker cover and pushrod tube. Pic 2 shows the new groove ive made in the inlet tappet guide.Also ive installed a new vent nipple at the front, so the plan is to restrict the blow past lube from the crankcase rear vent and divert some to the front of the motor.

the pics are displayed in reverse order
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by kevinross.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4Pedalsfly, Phil Ford

• kevinross
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 8 months ago #25017 by kevinross
Finally ordered some matching Oracover for the repaired fuselage. A closer look reveals my compound curve covering skills have regressed.
Attachments:

More
2 years 8 months ago #25018 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Bucker Jungmeister repair
I think your covering looks pretty good Kevin. I seem to remember that compound curves need a lot of pulling as you wield the covering iron.

• kevinross
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #25025 by kevinross
Received the replacement parts for the Saito today and after reassembling the engine its good to know there are no parts left over. `as usual the Japanengish instructions clear as mud are !

However, unlike Saito, because i'm reassembling the engine with OIL, the weight of the cam lobes tended to rotate the gear when lowering into the crankcase, so made this retainer with an old plus net card which i could slide out after meshing the gear. and thought "That'll do"
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by kevinross.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4Pedalsfly, Phil Ford

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.461 seconds