Freewing F14 underpowered

More
4 years 7 months ago #20715 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Freewing F14 underpowered

Wingman1962 wrote: I'm not sure if I can measure resistance with my charger I will have a look when I get home.

If you can't measure resistance I'm sure several of us will be able to help you out.

Wingman1962 wrote: I have sett the throttle using the guide for the hobbywing esc I can only assume that it's right.

It would be unusual for it not be be ok. When you advance the throttle you should notice that it reaches full power a few notches before full stick movement. If it's still getting louder all the way to the top you might find that you're end points are not giving you full power.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Wingman1962
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #20716 by Wingman1962
Replied by Wingman1962 on topic Freewing F14 underpowered
Hi Mike. Am home now, so had a look at my charger and I can check internal resistance so I will have a look at that and I will have another look at that throttle setting and see if what you are suggesting is the case. Also just wanted to mention I did respond to your initial reply you sent me but it looks like my phone never sent.
Thanks John

More
4 years 7 months ago #20717 by MikeSeale
I'm sure I've pressed send on my phone before and it didn't send...annoying.

• Wingman1962
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #20736 by Wingman1962
Replied by Wingman1962 on topic Freewing F14 underpowered
Hello Mike. I have had a look at internal resistance of these lipos, one is reading 6-8mOhm and the other is 10mOhm. I have measured amps/watts for each edf. one is reading 62amps and 1650 watts and the other is 68amps and 1700 watts. I've tested the throttle points the way you said and full throttle is being reached with a little movement left on the stick or if you push the stick to full throttle the engine note does not drop if you back it off one click. I did notice the wiring on my amp meter got pretty warm.
Thanks John

More
4 years 7 months ago #20737 by MikeSeale
Those resistances look about right. Attached are the results for my four 6s batteries that are over 2 years old and have had between 100 and 200 cycles each during that time. These are Zippy Flightmax 30C batteries. If we made up an adaptor you're welcome to try one of my batteries to see if you get the same Watts as your Turnigy batteries. If the Zippys are more powerful that would identify that your Turnigys are the culprit even though the numbers would suggest that the batteries are fine. Where do you live?

I know this is a really silly one, but I assume the fans are on the correct way around?
Attachments:

More
4 years 7 months ago #20738 by MikeSeale
Just one more thought...what connectors are you using and is all the wiring soldered by you or was it all plug and play.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds