Freewing F14 underpowered

• Wingman1962
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #20748 by Wingman1962
Replied by Wingman1962 on topic Freewing F14 underpowered
Yes did that using the transmitter and the beeps according to the online from hobbywing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #20751 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Freewing F14 underpowered
To verify that the ESC is getting the full range of signal pulses, around 900us to 2000us (1500us is deemed as half throttle) may I suggest you calibrate each ESC separately. TX on and full throttle on stick. (Trim in mid position) now power up ESC and immediately after the first tone pull the throttle stick down to low. The motor should a few seconds later chime with the number of cells and then a longer tone verifying motor armed. However, you may have already done this re-Mike's earlier posts.

Judging by your amps/watts figures (nearly 2HP or 1700 watts) that is a lot of power. Have you visited Motion RC's community www.hobbysquawk.com/ to see other users inputs and queries? Might have to do a lot of scrolling though!

Footnote: Motion RC recommend 60C 4000maH packs.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Phil Ford. Reason: Recommend 60C packs.

More
4 years 7 months ago #20753 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Freewing F14 underpowered
Motion RC maiden video

More
4 years 7 months ago #20755 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Freewing F14 underpowered

Phil Ford wrote: Footnote: Motion RC recommend 60C 4000maH packs.

I don't see where they are recommending 60C packs. They even have a link to a 40C 4000mAh battery in the "requires" field HERE
Not saying that 60C wouldn't be better, but cannot see where it recommends that.

More
4 years 7 months ago #20756 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Freewing F14 underpowered

Wingman1962 wrote: Hi. Could go up tomorrow for around 2pm. I have an adaptor which I use on my mustang. It's for XT60. What connectors are on your packs?. Cheers

I use 5.5mm connectors and have made an adaptor for your HXTs.
BTW, I don't think the connectors would be the issue but you're pushing things a bit with HXTs.
I'll meet you some time after 2pm.

• Wingman1962
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #20757 by Wingman1962
Replied by Wingman1962 on topic Freewing F14 underpowered
Hi Phil, Thanks for your reply, set the throttle points a few times now so think that's ok, looked at all the youtube vids from motion RC and learned a lot. We are thinking that the batteries are causing the problem. Mike has kindly offered the use of two good packs so as we can perhaps confirm this. If that's the case I will have to dig deep and get some decent lipos. No pain no gain LOL

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds