Freewing F14 underpowered

• Wingman1962
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #20711 by Wingman1962
Replied by Wingman1962 on topic Freewing F14 underpowered
Hi David. The 6s lipos have 30 to 40c. Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Wingman1962
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #20712 by Wingman1962
Hi Mike. I would like nothing more than to get this model up and flying but it struggles to reach take off speed .

More
4 years 7 months ago #20713 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Freewing F14 underpowered
Since this is a twin EDF you can either assume that both motors and ESC's are faulty or that both are fine. And since it is unlikely that both will be faulty this would point to the problem being your batteries (or your radio setup). Does your charger tell you the internal resistance of the cells in your battery? Anything over 10mOhm is not good and if it's over 20mOhm you'll really struggle. Linked to this, are you able to measure current and voltage under load - a wattmeter? You might find that the batteries are just not able to supply the power needed.

As for radio setup, I'm sure you have checked, but are you sure that you are getting full throttle?

• Wingman1962
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #20714 by Wingman1962
I'm not sure if I can measure resistance with my charger I will have a look when I get home. I can measure amps and watts under load I will check those later too. I have sett the throttle using the guide for the hobbywing esc I can only assume that it's right. Thanks tho Mike , my first thought was batteries but wanted a second opinion. I will let you know how I get on with it.

More
4 years 7 months ago #20715 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Freewing F14 underpowered

Wingman1962 wrote: I'm not sure if I can measure resistance with my charger I will have a look when I get home.

If you can't measure resistance I'm sure several of us will be able to help you out.

Wingman1962 wrote: I have sett the throttle using the guide for the hobbywing esc I can only assume that it's right.

It would be unusual for it not be be ok. When you advance the throttle you should notice that it reaches full power a few notches before full stick movement. If it's still getting louder all the way to the top you might find that you're end points are not giving you full power.

• Wingman1962
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #20716 by Wingman1962
Hi Mike. Am home now, so had a look at my charger and I can check internal resistance so I will have a look at that and I will have another look at that throttle setting and see if what you are suggesting is the case. Also just wanted to mention I did respond to your initial reply you sent me but it looks like my phone never sent.
Thanks John

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.517 seconds