Great Power 38

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #25128 by Phil Ford
Great Power 38 was created by Phil Ford
Engine was fine on Wednesday but on Saturday would not start. Choke on, choke off multiple times no joy. Pulled plug out - dry! Dropped some gas into the cylinder and refitted plug. After a couple of flips it fired but would not rev up and then would stop, popping back in muffler. Fuel air mix too lean. Maybe carb clogged?

Today I lifted off the fuel pump cover. By the filter screen some tiny bits which I can only describe as "kettle fur." Cleaned it out and refitted. Not pumping fuel now. Oh, well, engine off and strip carb, blow everything out with my airline. Ordered some more fuel tubing. Hopefully it will run good again on Wednesday/Thursday.
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #25129 by ruggerbloke
Replied by ruggerbloke on topic Great Power 38
Should have bought a DLE Phil, no messing around then. Just saying.....LOL

More
2 years 6 months ago #25131 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Great Power 38
If your tank has a felt clunk - that could be the fluff or kettle fir in the filter screen

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 6 months ago #25132 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Great Power 38

Denis Murphy wrote: Should have bought a DLE Phil, no messing around then. Just saying.....LOL

In reality Dennis you could be right. even my OS's have played me up.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 6 months ago #25133 by Phil Ford

Kevin Ross wrote: If your tank has a felt clunk - that could be the fluff or kettle fir in the filter screen

You could be right there Kevin. The fuel caddy has a felt clunk. Possibly the fibres are small enough get past the inline filters. I am replacing it with sintered bronze clunk.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #25134 by Phil Ford

Phillip Ford wrote:

Kevin Ross wrote: If your tank has a felt clunk - that could be the fluff or kettle fir in the filter screen

You could be right there Kevin. The fuel caddy has a felt clunk. Possibly the fibres are small enough get past the inline filters. I am replacing it with sintered bronze clunk.

Come to think of it now, last week I had carb issue with Pepsi, excessive rich at bottom end, flooding too. Cleaned out carb and re-kitted and fine now. Pepsi and the Extra 38 are the only planes recently flown regularly - coincidence?
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Phil Ford.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds