Great Power 38

More
2 years 6 months ago #25191 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic Great Power 38 Engine Help
Phil,
Have you tried running it straight off a supplementary fuel supply? Always possible it’s a blocked clunk or detached clunk tube. I had something like this when I converted a motor to petrol but forgot to substitute a tygon clunk tube, the old one had fallen off the copper outlet tube having sofened with the petrol and because I wasn't bothering to completely fill the tank just for a test run the fuel level was quite low - not reaching the outlet so the carb was just sucking air.
Just a thought.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #25192 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Great Power 38
Had the dry plug problem with my leaf blower engine. Turned out to be a perforated pump diaphragm on the Walbro.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #25193 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Great Power 38 Engine Help
I actually did get it running momentarily but before I could adjust the RPM down and adjust the low needle it stopped. It did not start again even after loads of flips. maybe it is the reed block? This is a bad show considering the engine has had maybe a total of 90 mins flying time. AerobatX do have a reed block kit at £41.00. Surely I should not need this just yet? Or am I just throwing more dough at it and still not solving the problem? :unsure: At this rate of buying bits and getting nowhere I should swap it out for a DLE35
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
2 years 6 months ago #25194 by C.Morris
Replied by C.Morris on topic Great Power 38
I'm no expert, but from experience cracked or warped reeds can cause poor starting. Definitely worth checking them.

PS fancy fixing my DA60, it runs but poorly. Needle adjustment does nothing!!!! :lol:

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 6 months ago #25195 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Great Power 38

Chris Morris wrote: fancy fixing my DA60, it runs but poorly. Needle adjustment does nothing!!!! :lol:

Ah, that sounds like fuel regulator or metering what ever you wanna call it

More
2 years 6 months ago #25196 by C.Morris
Replied by C.Morris on topic Great Power 38

Phillip Ford wrote:

Chris Morris wrote: fancy fixing my DA60, it runs but poorly. Needle adjustment does nothing!!!! :lol:

Ah, that sounds like fuel regulator or metering what ever you wanna call it

:lol: :lol:

Have planned to strip the carb and clean ect.
Good luck with GP38!!

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds