This could be fun

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 6 months ago #14364 by
Replied by on topic This could be fun
Hi Brian,

I've not seen the plan so cannot say for sure, but I suspect given the size, the interlocking nature of the parts, together with the precision needed, it would require very skilful work with a scalpel.

But when you buy the kit, you are not just playing for the wood and laser cutting process, you are also paying for the time the person who designed it took to develop the idea, presumably through several prototypes, and to eventually finalise the design and put it on paper.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #14365 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic This could be fun
Chris informs us that

you are not just playing for the wood

What do you have to play, some sort of card game maybe? Strip (and sheet) poker would be quite appropriate.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 6 months ago #14369 by

DavidTappin wrote: What do you have to play, some sort of card game maybe? Strip (and sheet) poker would be quite appropriate.

I really hope you're not suggesting this as an appropriate club night activity, I know we need to keep ourselves entertained through these dark night, but there are limits :pinch:

More
6 years 6 months ago #14370 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic This could be fun
Well spotted David. I thought I'd misread "played". As a "Traditional" builder, I'm sure that all I need to get started are the outlines of the model. Fuselage sections are easy to generate and ProFili will look after the wing ribs. Being laser cut, the kit parts will fit without any problems, exactly what the designer wants, but as a freelance build, there's no need to copy every joint etc. The appeal of the Gurke is that it simply "clicks" together with a couple of magnets, unfortunately the appeal of the model fades in direct proportion to the price of a single kit. If there isn't a suitable plan for the Gurke, perhaps there'll be something on the AeroFred site or even the Outerzone.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 6 months ago #14371 by
Hi Brian,

Maybe this would peak your interest: www.ar-flugmodelle.at/zaerotech-z22/ they even suggest HobbyKing motor and ESC

And yes David I spelt "pique" wrong just for you :P

More
6 years 6 months ago #14372 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic This could be fun
Thanks Chris, the website has downloadable building instructions for their kits. Unfortunately there are no usable dimensions. Interesting though.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds