Aero Navigation Lights

More
7 years 3 months ago #11813 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic Aero Navigation Lights
I assume you know that if you use it - the diode common on the darlington array has to be tied to the +V rail of the led voltage supply (and not the circuit regulated voltage, otherwise the led's may always be on!). Its probably good practise anyway even if you aren't using inductive loads as it will dissipate spikes and noise on connected and unconnected output pins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #11815 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Aero Navigation Lights
I'm totally lost now :S I thought athletes used spikes :silly:
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by flyingpete.

More
7 years 3 months ago #11816 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Aero Navigation Lights
I understood all of it :dry:

More
7 years 3 months ago #11817 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic Aero Navigation Lights
At last, to the great relief of quite a few of us, someone has had the courage to go off topic, thanks Jon!

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #11823 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Aero Navigation Lights

JRI wrote: as it will dissipate spikes and noise

Thanks John. I'll see if reconnecting pin 9 has any effect again because I believe I had tried using it before but something did not work right. But there may have been and probably was an error on my part. The circuit has been soaked tested for quite a few hours with no problems.

Back on Rainy Days project. ;) Spikes and noise could and do cause problems everywhere but is suppressed usually without you even knowing it was going on. Somewhere in your receiver or modules too and especially ESCs.

I should have renamed this thread because it is incorrectly named Should read "Aircraft Position Lights". ;) That is the correct term I believe. Could be very handy on the usual grey dull days of Cashmoor. Would look great on some jets too......... :whistle:

Anyway, I have cut into the Otter's wing tips and found they are hollow GRP which may have been of great help. LED modules made up and now sit in the cutouts. Now to find some clear plastic to make up lamp holder/hatch.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Phil Ford.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds