Simulator

More
6 years 3 months ago #15349 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic Simulator
Jacob, what sort of things do you want to practice on the SIM??

If it is just trying to get some stick time and build confidence then Phoenix is perfect, if you want to try and learn some 3D Real Flight has much better physics and is more realistic, although no SIM is the same as actual flying

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #15350 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Simulator
Hi Jacob, the website is:- www.phoenix-sim.com
Have fun!

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #15351 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Simulator
I have just checked around and found that the Sim is priced at around £127. :whistle: That's a jump from £47 in three years.:whistle: There used to be a cheaper method, Purchase via Download on their site but it seems to have been taken out.

I don't always favour copies but in this case here is a link to an item for £40.00 with money back guarantee on Fleabay Phoenix 5 Copy

Are you going to use it on a laptop or PC?
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
6 years 3 months ago #15352 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Simulator
Does the copy work without the official Phoenix dongle? I assume that as its a pirate copy it will have been cracked , but it does specify a Spektrum transmitter, which is a bit limiting.

More
6 years 3 months ago #15354 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Simulator
The "dongle" is the USB adaptor lead that fits into the TX trainer socket that you would've got had you bought the box version. It is just converter box on a lead with a jack plug which fits JR & Spektrum. I have probably got few around somewhere here. However, Futaba needed an adaptor to convert the jack plug to square 5 pin plug. (Typical Futuba :evil: )

I must try the Taranis on Phoenix. Phono socket/jack plug again.;)

If I remember correctly I copied my Phoenix 5 on to another certain member's laptop running Win8/10 for use at club events and worked perfectly.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 3 months ago #15355 by
Replied by on topic Simulator
If you buy a dongle/adaptor on its own, it should cost under £10. This will come with a 3.5mm jack plug to connect to your Tx. (Fits JR and spectrum directly). The package usually includes an assortment of converter leads for other makes of Tx and simulator software.

Ron

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds