Petrol Fuel Can

More
9 years 1 month ago #4124 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Petrol Fuel Can
I think DS Caddys were probably setup as an alternative to the jersey modeller systems.....?
www.modellbauuk.com/petrol-187-c.asp
Does seem a little pricey but you get what you pay for..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #4130 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Petrol Fuel Can
There used to be a guy on highalpha forum who made up fuel caddy's, can't remember his name

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #4132 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Petrol Fuel Can

flyingpete wrote: There used to be a guy on highalpha forum who made up fuel caddy's, can't remember his name

That's where mine came from, he stopped making them. The one I have used a plastic box which isn't petrol proof so melts when the pump leaks, which Kavans all eventually do! Just replaced the gaskets in mine which sorts the problem. I heard he had a few complaints probably for this reason, so gave it all up. It wouldn't be difficult to make your own though.

PhilF51 wrote: Thanks for that image Jon, typical that when a good idea is created it never get carried on forward. There are some pumps on the market with a built in LiPo for gas and/or glow. They are designed to be screwed to a piece of ply for instance and then strapped to the can. Looking at your fittings, do these expand when you do the outside nut up. Obviously you cannot access a nut from the inside.

I think the fitting with tube and clunk attached is fitted from the inside then a nut fitted to the outside, fiddly but doable.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by JonTappin.

More
9 years 1 month ago #4136 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Petrol Fuel Can
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationThe marine / outboard engine fuel tanks might offer a suitable source of non spill storage for petrol. the tank in this advert coupled with a marine priming pump. Thats what my original Du bro container uses and still going strong since 1995.

www.gumtree.com/p/boats-kayaks-jet-skis/...fuel-tank/1106621159

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #4139 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Petrol Fuel Can
Whooo! Thanks for that suggestion Kevin. Now that is just the job, why didn't I think of that? :S Many have integral fuel gauge too! A trip down to my local marine outboard shop then...
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Phil Ford.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds