Petrol Fuel Can

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #4111 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Petrol Fuel Can

PhilF51 wrote: So, what are you petrol heads using? Jon appears to have an electric pump system, Steve M, I believe has a squeeze pump effort. What ever idea being used the can has to be sealed when not in use or likely to leak if toppled over.

Phil, I use an old 1/2 gallon glow container with Dubro cap fittings arranged such that the fill line also plugs into the vent fitting when not in use thus sealing the container. The container will then vent normally when the fill line is connected to the model. I use a Prolux hand pump which is ok for glow or gas and contains some useful tube fittings as well ( don't use the supplied silicon tubing as I'm sure you are aware).

I should add that this system isn't fully spill proof and the container is always transported in a field box.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by AlanF.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #4112 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Petrol Fuel Can
Here you are...
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by MikeSeale.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 1 month ago #4113 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Petrol Fuel Can
Thanks Dave for those images. The problem with my cap is it isn't flat top like yours, it has a centre pin on top to accommodate the flexible fuelling spout when not in use and around the rest some raised ridges. I may have to grind these ridges off at the very least. If I don't get it right first time then the cap and can are scrap. I'll see if I can upload an image shortly to explain it more when it stops raining and I can get into the garage (hangar).

More
9 years 1 month ago #4114 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Petrol Fuel Can
I know what you're talking about Phil - I ground mine flat.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #4115 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Petrol Fuel Can
Phil

I'm using a DS fuel caddy which is no longer available, you could make something similar though, it uses a Kavan pump and a 3s lipo, I think the pumps are about 50 quid.

pipework in and out is through the bottle rather than the cap, using Festo fittings which allow the pipe to be easily connected and disconnected
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by JonTappin. Reason: added photo

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #4118 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Petrol Fuel Can
Thanks for that image Jon, typical that when a good idea is created it never get carried on forward. There are some pumps on the market with a built in LiPo for gas and/or glow. They are designed to be screwed to a piece of ply for instance and then strapped to the can. Looking at your fittings, do these expand when you do the outside nut up. Obviously you cannot access a nut from the inside.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Phil Ford.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds