Freewing EDF Group

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #19651 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Freewing EDF Group
Excellent, just gluing the tail plane on mine and then its radio install and make a decision on wing tanks or not.

One thing to watch out for is they supply a carbon wing joining tube but there is no mention of it in the instructions. That would be an easy one to miss when gluing up the wing halves.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #19652 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Freewing EDF Group

AlanF wrote: ...and make a decision on wing tanks or not.

I'd leave them off in the first instance. They'll add weight and drag and they will get knocked off until you have it trimmed for a nice landing.

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #19653 by AlanF
I think you're right Mike. The aileron linkages are very exposed so I'll need to cobble up some sort of fairing. I might make up a hard point making use of the wing tank mounting holes.to do the job.

More
4 years 10 months ago #19654 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Freewing EDF Group

AlanF wrote: Excellent, just gluing the tail plane on mine and then its radio install and make a decision on wing tanks or not.

One thing to watch out for is they supply a carbon wing joining tube but there is no mention of it in the instructions. That would be an easy one to miss when gluing up the wing halves.

That's interesting, the Mig has a carbon spar for the horizontal tail, but it is definately in the instructions. Not for the wing though.
Attachments:

More
4 years 10 months ago #19655 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Freewing EDF Group

AlanF wrote: I think you're right Mike. The aileron linkages are very exposed so I'll need to cobble up some sort of fairing. I might make up a hard point making use of the wing tank mounting holes.to do the job.

I definately think you should definitely fit the tanks, so you can knock them off on the first launch, that's what all the best people do ;)

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #19656 by AlanF
No carbon in the tail plane but there are pre-fitted carbon spars in the wing as well as the mysterious joiner They've also fitted the ESC with an XT 60 rather than deans which I'm ok with. My kit came in a plain white box - no box art whatsoever., I was surprisingly disappointed with that.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by AlanF.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.585 seconds