Freewing EDF Group

More
4 years 10 months ago #19785 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Freewing EDF Group
It did if you had a little talent, bucketloads of luck or didn’t set fire to your own shed!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #19788 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Freewing EDF Group

davidbright wrote: It did if you had a little talent, bucketloads of luck or didn’t set fire to your own shed!

I am not sure to whom that comment was targeted at but can hazard a guess. :lol: :Just because the said person will not help you assemble a foam jet I assume

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #19789 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Freewing EDF Group
Oh, so it's 12 now :)

More
4 years 10 months ago #19796 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Freewing EDF Group

AlanF wrote: Oh, so it's 12 now :)

Not now Alan. Peter W is joining the MIG team because he thought there was some imbalance of fighters. :whistle: i think the USA should conscript a few more members to the Sabre Team.

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #19823 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Freewing EDF Group
Another couple of flights with the Sabre. An 1800 lipo used 670 mAh on a 2 minute flight so 5 minutes may be possible depending on how you want to stress your batteries.
A left hand over-hand launch seems to be the way to go, at the risk of giving it a girly chuck, but you need to get the power right to avoid disappointment.
It appears that a number of people are using cheat holes; I'm going to try running mine without the canopy to see what affect that might have. Any way its still in one piece so all good..

More
4 years 10 months ago #19824 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Freewing EDF Group
I don't know enough about edfs but have read that some manufacturers add increased airflow for better static thrust at the expense of top speed. When Jon and big Dave flew side by side there was little difference in flight with canopy on or off.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.371 seconds