Freewing EDF Group

More
4 years 10 months ago #19833 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Freewing EDF Group
I've done a lot of hand launching over the years due to my commitment to electric models without wheels. I can assure you that there is virtually no torque effect on these small edfs. It's up to the individual, but I'll be launching at full power.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #19834 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Freewing EDF Group

MikeSeale wrote: I've done a lot of hand launching over the years due to my commitment to electric models without wheels. I can assure you that there is virtually no torque effect on these small edfs. It's up to the individual, but I'll be launching at full power.

Ok game on: no cheat holes, no gyro, full power, but I'm still doing over arm launches. We shall discover which arguments are testicular in nature.

More
4 years 10 months ago #19842 by simondean
Replied by simondean on topic Freewing EDF Group
I usually get a launch from someone if available but managed to launch successfully three times yesterday on my own using full power and under arm release which was no problem

More
4 years 10 months ago #19844 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Freewing EDF Group
Has anyone watched the video by Robert Petrincic re the MIG 15? The cheat holes in the fuselage are easy to do and seem to improve the performance. I thought the Russians were lacking numbers at the Fete, so this morning I ordered a MIG so that I can help the Comrades at the EDF weekend.

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #19846 by AlanF

Brian wrote: Has anyone watched the video by Robert Petrincic re the MIG 15? The cheat holes in the fuselage are easy to do and seem to improve the performance. .

There's a link to the video on page 4 of this thread - I've not decided on cheat holes yet, I might try it without the canopy first to see what might be gained.

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #19847 by AlanF

simondean wrote: I usually get a launch from someone if available but managed to launch successfully three times yesterday on my own using full power and under arm release which was no problem

Your under arm launches did look to be effective with the added benefit of being close to the ground already if it all goes wrong and only a short walk to pick up the pieces :)

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.599 seconds